Friday, 25 February 2011

A Grey Day

While Youngest Daughter was having a shower this morning, I sat in front of the computer, unsuccessfully trying to catch up on reading blog posts from the ever expanding list. She finished her shower and came into the room where I was.

YD: Mum.

Me: Hmmm…?

YD: I found a grey hair.

Me: Oh.

YD: It’s not on my head.

Me: BWAHAHAHAHA!

YD: It’s not funny. It’s embarrassing.

Me: BWAHAHAHAHA!

YD: Shut up!

Me: BWAHAHAHAHA!

YD: I’m twenty two. TWENTY TWO!!

Me: Well if it’s any consolation, I was sixteen when I found my first grey hair…

YD: Were you??

Me: …But it was definitely on my head.

YD: Fuck off.

Me: BWAHAHAHAHA!

YD: I pulled it out.

Me (instant evil thought hatching): Oh no, you shouldn’t have done that!

YD: Why?

Me: Because for every one you pull out, three grow back.

YD (with a look of pure horror): AW SHIT!

She stomped off upstairs to her room and after about ten minutes I took pity on her and told her that bit about three hairs growing back wasn’t true.

It’s five.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Bub,

    Oh.my.word.

    Lol, that is so mean... Shocking that she admitted to it, but still... Oh my. I've barely admitted to having some greys on my head, let alone....................... oook, stop right there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again Bub,

    Oh, you so ought to have referred her to the episode of Sex and the City where Samantha finds a grey hair and dyes her bush...

    It ends up carrot orange, looks like clowns hair and she calls it Bozo the Bush :D

    Or alternatively, you could buy her a bottle of hair dye and that episode................ Now, that's mean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell her it could be wrose. The hair could be black. And thick. And curly. And long. And growing from her nipple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha! It's always fun to mess with the kids. My friend tried to dye her non-head hair blue to surprise her boyfriend but she had to bleach it first.

    She accomplished the blue color for about three days and then the color faded out to grey. She had an old lady bush to entice her boyfriend with. I suggested she pen in some wrinkles and liver spots around her thighs and abs to really get him hot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. then you should have told her part of your job as a parent is to make life embarrassing for your children

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz & Nari: Your comments reminded me of a book I read some time ago with a really funny bit in it.

    The woman in the story is about to embark on an affair. On closer inspection of herself she realises she has grey hair where she really doesn't want to have grey hair, so she manages to find a dye called Bush Magic. After she uses it, she's supposed to leave it for an hour before rinsing, but doesn't have time.

    They get down and dirty - well, he does - but when he comes up for air, to her horror she sees he's got dye over his face - the Bush Magic has run!

    IG: I'll pass that on, but after my reaction today, I doubt whether she'd admit to anything else. Not for a while anyway.

    YG: She already knows! I don't often get the opportunity, so I try and make the most of the times I do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha! I started turning grey when I was a teenager, too! Your poor daughter.... Does she know it just gets worse from here? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMS: I'm keeping that quiet for the time being - the trauma of finding the grey one where she really didn't expect to find it gave her a serious case of the heebie jeebies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no idea why this didn't occur to me before but it gets grey down there??! good grief, now I'm actually thankful I've just got greys on top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marguerite: They do say ignorance is bliss, but... um... yes I'm afraid it does.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is what Brazilians are for - out of sight, out of mind!

    ReplyDelete