After reading and thoroughly enjoying all the books in the Sookie Stackhouse series, Youngest Daughter and I have recently watched and become addicted to True Blood. And there’s nothing quite like watching butt naked sex scenes on tv, with one of your offspring, for a bit of quality mother-daughter bonding time.
We’ve only seen the first series so far and have decided to rename it (hence the post title), because it is very cheesy in parts and they get naked a. lot.
When Sookie and Vampire Bill did the dirty for the first time, on a fur rug no less (following a scene of pure made-me-cringe-and-laugh cheddar), Bill’s fangs put in an appearance, prompting us both to crack up after I drawled, “A’hm a l’il bit exciiited Sook-eh, mah fahhngs sure are miiighty pleased tuh see ya’ll”.
Watching it has also prompted speculation between us regarding which women have had surgery to enhance their *ahem* assets.
“Oh that’s easy,” I told Youngest Daughter, “See her? She’s had surgery.”
“How can you tell?” asked Youngest Daughter.
“Well, she’s laying flat on her back and her boobs are still pointing towards the ceiling and not trying to seek shelter under her armpits.”
Not being one for watching blood and guts type films or programmes, I can just about handle the level of gore in it, although seeing the effect of a vampire getting staked gave me a stomach turning moment or two.
I’m not entirely sure why, whether it’s the actress or the writing, but Sookie irritates me and she gets right up my nose. Maybe it’s because she’s not how I imagined her to be from reading the books. However, watching the show seems to have revealed a side of me that I’m a little bit embarrassed about.
I would so be a fangbanger.
Yup.
I have a major oh-yes-bite-me-bite-me crush on Vampire Bill.
A big, fat fascination for a fictional dead bloke.
Sheesh.
I love that show, and the books. I resisted watching the show at first, because it was so hyped. But one day I decided to watch an episode while I was on the exercise bike, and I was hooked.
ReplyDeleteMy crush is on Eric. Yum. Bill is too 'Sookaaaaaay' for my taste.
I've never watched it and never could get into the books..anne rice ruined all other vampire wirters.ydg
ReplyDeleteOh dear.
ReplyDeleteFangbanger.
*shakes head*
Also a huge fan of the show, I actually found the show before I found the books and have devoured both simultaneously. Counting down till the start of season four - only 18 days to go!!!
ReplyDeleteMy crush is on Sam - I just want to sink my teeth into his gorgeous butt!!
I haven't watched the series,though I bought it while in bali last year. must watch it now lol
ReplyDeleteI read the first book... but I've been hesitant to watch the series in case it ruined the story for me.... now you've got me curious....
ReplyDeleteI keep hearing stuff about that show. Keep thinking I will watch it sometime... trouble is, no one I know will watch with me.
ReplyDeleteA "fangbanger"?!?!?!? Now I've heard everything LOL X
ReplyDeleteKyna: I really didn't think I'd enjoy it, but it's just so watchable. For me, Eric isn't how I pictured him after reading the books. Bite me, Bill!
ReplyDeleteYDG: I haven't read any of the Anne Rice books. Maybe one day I'll get round to them.
TAH: *snort*
CGL: We've just started watching season two on DVD, but I won't have time to watch the rest of it before I leave. I'll need my fix of blood and cheese and I'm wondering whether they'll have it available as part of the in-flight entertainment on Qantas. I'll be gutted (or drained *heh*) if they don't.
IWBY: Watch it - it's brilliant!
Amanda: The entire first series is based on the first book, so it won't spoil anything. Do it!
Ami: Like Kyna, I resisted it for ages but now I'm hooked. It's something I could watch on my own, although I do admit to covering my eyes a couple of times at some of the gory bits. Give it a go!
Jelliebabe: Yup, a fangbanger. I take it you haven't read the books or seen the show? I'd willingly bare my neck for Vampire Bill ;o)