Sunday, 25 September 2011

Notes to self

Number 1
When having a shower because you’re getting ready to go out (a school reunion; I almost didn’t go but it ended up being a really good evening so I’m glad I did – even though one old school friend, who I haven’t seen for the best part of thirty years, on learning of my marital status said, “I know the perfect man for you!”
*blink*
The same old school friend, who’d gone through an acrimonious divorce, later said, “Ooh, you’re so lucky your husband died!”
*blink*
Good job I’ve got a warped sense of humour. It’s also a good job that I’ve heard of other women it’s been said to, so I was sort of prepared to hear it one day, although she nearly ended up being sprayed with the mouthful of drink I’d just taken. But anyway, I digress, I’ll start again)
In future, during your shower, don’t use this:

when washing your, ahem, lady bits.
It will cause a burning sensation that can in no way be described as pleasant and will make you walk funny.
Number 2
After you’ve re-showered due to the uncomfortable sensations ‘down there’ and you get dressed, do not think it will be a good idea to wear these to the aforementioned school reunion:
After wearing them and standing up for the best part of five or so hours, your feet will not thank you. Your feet too will make you walk funny.
And finally:
Number 3
When reminded by a male school friend, who you also went to infant school with, that you used to play Doctors and Nurses at the aforementioned infant school, try not to go too red. Just laugh.

12 comments:

  1. Hello! I've been off the radar for a bit but coming back and hearing about your lady bits and seeing your awesome AWESOME boots and I'm right back in the groove immediately! So very fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you wore leopard print with those boots.

    Doctors and nurses? Was he the nurse?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely notify my lady bits of the offending product.

    I'm hoping to find that humor in my widowed status but I guess that takes time. I think I would have either burst into tears or decked her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, let me just say that I'm extremely naffed off as I can't log in and comment on my own feckin' blog for some reason.

    Blogger is doing. my. head. in. So much so I signed up with Wordpress yesterday afternoon and I'm in the process of trying to get my head around their way of working.

    Is: When I saw them in the shop, they literally called out for me to buy them - it was love at first sight. I do feel they should have come with some sort of health warning though. My feet almost cried when I put them on again for the photo.

    CGL: I do apologise that one of the first things you read about on your return is my lady bits ;)

    IG: Nope, definitely no leopard print - the boots were enough. Wait. Does that make it sound like I only wore the boots? Just to be clear, I was clothed, but no animal prints were involved.

    As for who was the doctor and who was the nurse, I have to say in all honesty I can't remember - it was a long, long, long time ago...!

    Nari: People do come out with utter bollocks sometimes, but two and a half years down the line I've found that my sense of humour can override most offences now. Having said that, catch me on a crap day and I'll retaliate with all guns blazing.

    Bub

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bub,

    I understand your annoyance re:Blogger. I moved across to wordpress the other week after months of it being shit and being unable to comment on people's blogs and such.

    However, thank you for the tips re:imperial leather... lol. I would make a comment hinting towards John Wayne, but my brain is a little frazzled as it's almost 11pm, but I'm sure you'd understand the gist of it :D

    Some people really are pillocks... Seriously who would actually tell someone else they were lucky their husband died?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catching up on my posting and the first thing I see is Bub talking about her lady bits! LOL. Those boots are wonderful, even the foot pain would be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liz: Oh yes, I was certainly doing the John Wayne Walk, and not a horse in sight. Imperial Leather Foamburst - you can kiss my ass!

    I'm still trying to get to grips with Wordpress and I have to say that out of the two, I prefer Blogger as it seems simpler to use.

    Yup, people can be extremely twatish with the things they say.

    Marguerite: My apology to Crazy Garden Lady covers you too! The boots were definitely not made for walking (or standing around in); it's going to be a while before they see the light of day again - I need to let my feet recover.

    Bub

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try signing in, but don't check that stay signed in box, or whatever it's called. It worked for me...

    LOVE the boots...sorry your feet hurt, but they look fabulous.

    What the heck is that stuff, and why WOULD you use it on your lady bits? Is it supposed to be good for them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. p.s.
    people are stupid. they can't help themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some wicked fuck-me boots!

    You know how if men see other men being kicked in the crotch or hit in the crotch with some other object, they empathetically cross their legs and wince? That's what I did when you described your burning lady-bits experience.

    Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melissa: I could kiss you!

    They are fab boots, but to be worn with caution.

    'That stuff' is shower gel and it appears I'm particularly sensitive to it. Won't be using it again.

    And yes, people can be stupid.

    Kyna: BWAHAHAHAAAA!! Although I tend to think of them as fuck-up-my-feet boots.

    ReplyDelete