Wednesday, 4 January 2012

The good, the bad and the cringey – revised edition

The good
For those of you who may remember the last post I wrote – for those who saw it, no not that one*, the one before it – and wondered about the outcome… I got the job - hurrah! If you don’t remember (and frankly, unless you’re related to me, why would you?) I attended an assessment day for a job but had the morning from hell before I even got there.
Okay, maybe ‘…from hell…’ is me unleashing my drama queen tendencies a slight exaggeration, but I’ve had better starts to my days than that particular one. Luckily, the rest of the day was a breeze and I was home by 5pm. So what’s the job?
My new job that will gain me my freedom from Mr Ex, pigeons and grass (artificial or real) is…
*drum roll*
…my old job.
For those that don’t know, or can’t remember, what my last job was (and again, unless you’re related to me, why would you?), I used to be cabin crew doing short haul flights i.e. in theory home every night.
At the beginning of February I’ll be heading back to England’s Armpit for three weeks to retrain for the job. Once I’m done I’ll then be based at the airport close to where I live.
I have to say I’m very much looking forward to flying again and working with some familiar faces.
The bad and the cringey


*If you didn’t see it, it’s because I deleted it – family politics.

7 comments:

  1. Oooooooooh are you in trouble! LOL when aren't you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In trouble? Again? Me? I don't know what you mean.

    Oh wait.

    I may or may not have told a man to fuck off in Homebase. I may or may not have unintentionally given a friend the shits after they ate too many of the liquorice-based sweets I'd given them. And I may or may not have inadvertently gained another stalker in the branch of my local bank.

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bub,

    Lol@ telling a man to fuck off at homebase. To be fair though, if I had to go to Homebase I think I too would be telling every one to fuck off. I've no idea how they stay in business; it's possibly worse in there than going to netto.

    Have fun in England's armpit; and here I was thinking I worked there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My local Homebase isn't too bad I suppose, but I can think of better places to spend time in.

    England has several armpits - just off the top of my head four immediately spring to mind, but if I really thought about it I'm sure I could think of more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the new job...err...old job...that is new again? Like shining up a penny? Regardless, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thank you very much. I must admit I'm starting to get a little apprehensive about the amount of information I have to cram into my semi-dormant brain. It's certainly going to get a rude awakening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on re-getting your job! It sounds like a change for the better in many ways, even if it does involve armpits and family politics. ;-)

    ReplyDelete