Friday, 26 August 2011

Blimey, Friday don’t half come round quick!


This week’s WTF? is directed at myself and is purely my fault.
At the time of Significant Other’s death, amongst lots of other things, I was left with two cars, three vans and four motorbikes. I’m now down to two cars, one van and two motorbikes.
Sigh.
The cars – the Beastie and the Workhorse - both get used, although I tend to heavily favour the Beastie. While I was in Australia the Beastie’s MOT ran out and on my return I decided to leave it on the drive for a while and use the Workhorse.
Now that decision has firmly bitten me on the bum.
Occasionally Bro-in-law borrows the Workhorse, as it has a towbar which he can tow his boat with. Yesterday, he came and took the Workhorse as he and his family are going to Cornwall for a holiday.
“No problem,” said I “Have a great time!”
Off he drove, leaving me with his car to use, until I get the Beastie sorted, which I now intend to do asap.
Why?
His car is a fucking Micra.

8 comments:

  1. A Micra is a very small car which has two gears (slow and slower) and has the reputation of being owned and driven by little old ladies - although I'm knocking on a bit, I'm not quite at that stage of my life... yet. I'm not usually bothered what I drive, but in this case I am. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micra or Beastie what a dilemma. You must be really having to think long and hard on that one! Solution shove Micra in Beasties boot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He owes you!! Maybe he needs a tiny boat to go with his tiny car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah... Micras... My best friend had one when he first passed his test... lol. Used to tootle around town playing the gayest music, ever (he's gay, so he's allowed). I discinctly remember one occasion heading into town blasting the pretty woman album. LOL.
    Although I can't really talk, I own a Honda. My excuse is I wanted something that I know won't breakdown (plus it has cruise control, USB for ipod and such stuffs)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thistle: Bwahaha! When Bro-in-law gets back and wonders where his car is and sees it bundled in the boot of the Beatie he'll know for sure I've lost the plot!

    CM: Damn right he owes me! I reckon the only boat small enough to be towed by his car would a toy one ;)

    Liz: To add insult to injury, Bro-in-law's Micra is a basic model and I'm not even convinced it's got power steering. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So...When big, fast cars are considered 'penis extensions'...

    What's a micra then?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well on that basis, as it's Bro-in-law's car, I really wouldn't like to speculate... ;o)

    ReplyDelete