Life changed irrevocably at 3:20pm on October 1st 2008. That was the day my husband - Significant Other - my soulmate, my best friend, was diagnosed with terminal cancer and given a prognosis of mere months. He died peacefully at home six months later.
Naturally enough I've gone through a wide and varied range of thoughts, feelings and emotions, from the time of his diagnosis and since his death. After feeling like I'd been ripped apart, I am beginning to rejoin the world again and am gradually finding some sort of new normality.
I'm totally new to this blogging lark - in fact it's through my sister that I'm here at all. She emailed me a link to her blog, I read through it and some others, and thought to myself - why not? So here I am, a blogging virgin.
I don't think this is going to be a themed blog - I'm not into baking fancy cakes to show off, or anything like that. I have a feeling it's going to be complete randomness. Ah well, we'll see what happens.
Oh, also, I can't promise I won't swear, because I do. A lot. But I'll try to contain it as best I can. Maybe.
Naturally enough I've gone through a wide and varied range of thoughts, feelings and emotions, from the time of his diagnosis and since his death. After feeling like I'd been ripped apart, I am beginning to rejoin the world again and am gradually finding some sort of new normality.
I'm totally new to this blogging lark - in fact it's through my sister that I'm here at all. She emailed me a link to her blog, I read through it and some others, and thought to myself - why not? So here I am, a blogging virgin.
I don't think this is going to be a themed blog - I'm not into baking fancy cakes to show off, or anything like that. I have a feeling it's going to be complete randomness. Ah well, we'll see what happens.
Oh, also, I can't promise I won't swear, because I do. A lot. But I'll try to contain it as best I can. Maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment