Everyone has things they can't envision doing without; things that are, or seem to be, important. Yet, for some things, after an extended absence, the memory dulls and although thoughts may sporadically cross the mind, in the grand scheme of things, it's not of great importance.
There has been something missing from my life - for almost a couple of years actually.
It's something I hadn't realised I'd missed so much, yet when I did it the other evening - well - what can I say apart from...
Ohhh!
After my rediscovery, I could get very enthusiastic about it again. I'm sure Significant Other would be pleased I've found a measure of happiness again; he was just as keen as I was about it.
The majority of the time, it didn't really matter where we were, we'd do it almost wherever the urge took us, whether it be in the house, the car or when we were out somewhere.
There were occasions though when I had a headache, and although Significant Other sometimes tried to persuade me to try it, I just didn't fancy it because for me, I knew it wouldn't help. For some it does, for some it doesn't.
It wasn't always a pleasure that was shared though - sometimes, I did it when on my own, as did he. Quite often in fact.
It's something I could never have imagined not doing, and before Significant Other was diagnosed, I loved it. Adored it. But then the stresses and strains of his illness took their toll one way and another, and this was something that fell by the wayside.
I have tried it once or twice over the last few weeks, each time with the same result - meh - I could take it or leave it. So I resigned myself to the fact it was something I'd go without for the rest of my life.
Hey ho.
Very recently, after a bit of gentle persuasion from a friend, and a little deliberation on my part, I tried it again and I've since been trying to think of ways to describe the experience.
It was intense.
Heavenly.
Total and utter pleasure.
The you-never-really-forget-it's-like-riding-a-bike analogy also comes to mind.
Sort of.
I'd never tried it this way before, but I'm open to new experiences; however, I will be honest and tell you I'm wary of getting too caught up in it - the pleasure could be taken away from me again.
I've made a promise to myself.
I will be careful.
I will exercise self-control and try to limit it to once a week - where's the harm in that? Otherwise, I could quite easily find myself absolutely gagging for it - and that just wouldn't do.
Oh.
Silly me.
I got so caught up reliving the experience in my mind, I haven't told you what I'm talking about.
Wait.
I could do it right now.
In fact, y'know what?
Sod it.
I'm going to.
But before I do, I have a photo to show you.
I'd like you to meet the recipient of my affections...
Right, gotta go.
There's a tub in the fridge with my name all over it.


Oh, you are awful! Between doing the naughty WITH ICE CREAM and going to swinging workshops, now we know who Youngest Daughter takes after.
ReplyDeleteMmm I must try some of that myself, it sounds good ;)
ReplyDeleteI think you are brilliant...on many levels. oh, and funny on many levels, too.
ReplyDeleteThis post was accompanied by Barry White in my head!
ReplyDeleteIs: Whoa! I'm talking about chocolate - don't get me started on ice-cream!
ReplyDeleteLiz: It was good - with lots of oooh!
Melissa: *Elvis voice* Thankyouverymuch.
CGL: Well thanks to a friend on Facebook, I wrote this post with Justin Timberlake in mine!
Thank God it wasn't bottom love with a dwarf!
ReplyDeleteVery clever. I resisted the urge to scroll straight down to the end and savoured every bit!
ReplyDeleteIG: Who d'you think I am - Snow White?!
ReplyDeleteSharon: Well done. I savoured every bit too - more than once!
Mother!! Intense... Heavenly... Gagging for it... Per-lease! I agree with 'Is', Youngest Daughter does take after you!
ReplyDeleteBBB: And you don't?? Heh.
ReplyDelete