Someone spent over six hours reading this blog.
Holy crap - SIX HOURS!
Whoever you are (and I know it wasn’t my mum), if you’re reading this and not currently laying in a darkened room, curled in the foetal position, whimpering, you have earned my undying respect and I think you deserve a medal.
(Btw, I’ve turned comment moderation back on because I got the heebie jeebies without it I like it.)

I'm relatively sure that I must be the winner of this fine award, because I've just finished reading through your archives, starting with "where to start" yesterday, and ending here, now.
ReplyDeleteNot curled up, anywhere, in any position, whimpering. No bravery here. I enjoyed every minute of it. Your sense of humor fits right in with mine.
On the surface we have some things in common: widowed too young, two kids. The big difference, though, is that my husband died in 1964, and my first (and only) grandchild just turned 26.
LOL, reminds me of the time I saw a stat for someone in the Netherlands. Can't remember how long it was but many many hours. I figured they forgot their computer was on and walked away. and now I have to go read the post titled "and this is why i have commerent moderation enabled". If I'm not back in 6 hours someone come find me.
ReplyDeletehbierlich: Hello! I'm so glad you enjoyed your marathon reading session - you truly are most definitely worthy of the award!
ReplyDeleteOne of the things I love about Blogland is the insight you get into other people's lives and also the realisation that what you may be thinking, feeling and going through happen the world over. The humour out there is good too!
Er, it seems I can't count; that was three things.
Sigh.
Anyway, welcome to my blog :o)
Marguerite: Hello? Hello? Did you get out okay? I've been keeping an eye out for distress flares, but as I haven't seen any, can only assume you did ;o)
I don't even know how to find the stats. Hmmmm, now I am going to have to go look. Guess I learned something new today. :-)
ReplyDeleteOMS: I signed up to Site Meter a while back and took the basic, free option.
ReplyDeleteIt's a bit like the stalked stalking the stalker ;)