Tuesday, 15 June 2010

I Can Live With That

It has been brought to my attention that apparently I am as mad as a bucket of frogs.

It was originally a bag of snakes, but when I objected, due to my fear of snakes being far, far worse than my fear of worms, it quickly got amended to frogs.

My friend was quietly reserving judgement I think, but the comment about not eating spaghetti (because I viewed it as a plate of worms), tipped the scales.

Do I mind being thought of as mad? Nope - better to be thought of as mad rather than boring.

I can live with that.

I’ve also been told by three friends, on separate occasions, that I am a Diva.

This was for something I did (not opera singing), which I’m not prepared to divulge because my parents read this blog (Mum, Dad, don’t worry; all you need to know is that it didn’t involve drugs, sex or rock ‘n’ roll. Oh, or anything illegal, but it earned me BIG respect).

Just so you’re clear about what a Diva is, I looked it up for you. Apart from the female opera singer bit, this is its definition:

The word entered the English language in the late 19th century. It is derived from the Italian noun diva, a female deity. The plural of the word in English is "divas"; in Italian, dive [‘di:ve]. The basic sense of the term is "goddess”. (source: Wikipedia)

Deity?

Goddess?

Oh yes.

I can live with that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment